Meal Prep While TravelingMay 09, 2019
I just got back from my trip to PaleoFx in Austin, Texas. The conference was awesome and I had a blast helping out at the Heads Up Health booth and catching up with some old friends 😊
I got a few questions via direct message on Instagram about some of the meals I was posting throughout the trip and I figured this would be a great opportunity to give you a few more travel tips when it comes to prepping and planning from wherever you are.
With summer just around the corner, I’ve been sticking to a pretty strict nutritional protocol for myself. I GOT GOALS 😆and like I tell all my clients...if you are serious about reaching your goals in a timely manner, consistency and preparation are KEY! 🔑
So, in order to make sure I was doing EVERYTHING in my power to stay on track…right when I landed in Austin, I met up with my friend Logan and we went to Whole Foods to grab some groceries and then went back to his place to cook.
While in the car, I jotted down a few quick meals/snacks that required minimal ingredients and would be easy and fast to cook. Here’s what my grocery list 📝looked like:
- Eggs 🍳
- Avocados 🥑
- Ground Beef
- Pre-Cooked Chicken Sausage
- Pre-Shaved Brussel Sprouts
- Pre-Riced Cauliflower (cauliflower rice) 🍚
- 1 shallot
- Cucumbers 🥒
- Plastic containers (I would have preferred glass containers for storing the food but ya gotta do what ya gotta do) 🤷♀️
And of course, I brought some of my go-to travel items with me on the trip that included:
- Perfect Keto Chocolate Collagen Single Packs 🍫
- Redmond RealSalt Pocket Shaker 🧂
- Perfect Keto Bars (read to the end for a sweet deal on the brand new flavor! 😋)
- Pili Nuts
Here’s what my meals looked like for the weekend:
- Breakfast: Coffee with Perfect Keto chocolate collagen + hard-boiled eggs with Real Salt.
- Lunch: Ground beef over sauteed cauliflower rice, shaved brussels, and shallot cooked with butter and spices.
- Snacks: Sliced cucumbers, avocado with Real Salt, Pili nuts, and PK bars.
- Dinner: Chicken sausage over sauteed cauliflower rice, shaved brussels, and shallot cooked with butter and spices.
The entire meal prep took about 30 minutes and I was good to go for the entire weekend!
A few takeaways:
- Try to prep some food ahead of time and pack it in a cooler bag. You’re allowed to bring food through security in the airport as long as there are no large liquids. I brought a prepped meal for lunch on the first day.
- When traveling, try to stay at an Air BnB with a kitchen so you have access to cook your food or do what I did and see if any of your friends in the area will let you use their kitchen for a bit.
- If this isn’t possible, hit up Whole Foods or another local ‘health-food’ store and buy some pre-cooked hard boiled eggs, pre-cooked sausages, microwave veggies, etc...these can easily be warmed up in a microwave in your hotel room.
- Always pack snacks and items that you can easily turn to when other options are limited. Check out my Shop Page for lots of options.
Now, as mentioned in the blog: My Top 5 Tips For Sticking To Your Goals When Traveling, if you’re traveling for a vacation or have reached your goal and just looking to maintain, you don’t need to be this strict. It’s all about context.
These tips are for those that have specific goals and want to achieve these goals as fast as possible.
Okay, I know this post is already WAY too long but don’t leave yet! Because...COOKIE DOUGH 😍
Who doesn’t love cookie dough???
One of my fav companies, Perfect Keto, just came out with a new keto bar flavor...I think you can guess what it is by now 😆
Perfect Keto’s Keto Bars are one of my favorite go-to travel snacks because they use high-quality ingredients, taste delicious, and are super convenient when I’m on-the-go.
“But I see low-carb bars everywhere.”
Unfortunately, many of them are not really ‘keto-friendly’ or even ‘low-carb.’
Most bars that claim to be keto-friendly are filled with hidden sugars and artificial ingredients.
...That chewy texture is actually a binder that spikes your blood sugar.
...That “sweet” taste is actually sucralose that makes you crave more sugar.
...Those bits of “cookies” inside are made from fake ingredients filled with junk.
Perfect Keto’s bars are made without all the crap mentioned above...
Check out the awesome ingredients in the new Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Keto Bars:
- Organic almond butter
- Grass-fed collagen
- 100% cacao chocolate chips
- Cacao butter
- MCT oil from coconuts
Legit stuff right there! 👆
You can follow this link and save up to 20% OFF when you stock up. This may be my new fav flavor 🤩
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes soups & salads tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition