Zucchini Eggplant Succotash CasseroleJun 12, 2020
I'm still on a casserole kick for my weekly lunch prep and this Zucchini Eggplant Succotash Casserole (what does succotash even mean? lol) did not disappoint!
Just like the Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole I posted a few weeks back, the portions are HUGE and super satisfying even with calories being on the lower end. This is a perfect option for lunch or dinner if you're trying to control calories but still want to enjoy a delicious, filling meal!
20 mins Cook Time:
45 mins Total Time
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil, divided
- 1 pound lean ground chicken, turkey, or beef
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion (~110 grams), chopped
- 3 large zucchini (~800 grams total), cut into 1-inch spheres
- 1 large eggplant (~800 grams), cubed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter or oil and ground meat of choice and cook for about 5 minutes, just until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat to a bowl and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon butter or oil, garlic, and onion and cook for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Then add the remaining ingredients, stirring after each addition to ensure well combined.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a light boil. Cook for 5 minutes and then transfer to a casserole dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into desired portions.
Nutrition Per Serving (when cut into 4 portions): 304 Calories, 8g Fat, 28g Protein, 30g Carbs, 11g Fiber
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition