Low-Carb Gingerbread Whoopie Pies RecipeDec 22, 2020
Recipe By: MetFlex Tribe Member, Julie Hoover
Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 40 mins
Makes 8 Servings
Low-Carb Gingerbread Whoopie Pies Recipe
For the cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup golden sweetener (such as BochaSweet, Lakanto, or Swerve)
- 2 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder (such as Perfect Keto or Further Food)
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
For the filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup powdered sweetener (such as BochaSweet, Lakanto, or Swerve)
Tip: If you only have the granular version of the sweetener, you can turn it into a powdered consistency by simply grinding it in a coffee or spice grinder.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cream together the butter, golden sweetener, and molasses until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs and continue mixing until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix together. Add half of this mixture to the butter mixture, stir to combine, repeat in batches until all the dry ingredients are mixed in.
- Scoop by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Then, gently flatten the tops of the cookies.
- Place the baking sheet with the cookie dough in the refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes. Once the dough is chilled, place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are beginning to brown around the edges.
- These cookies need to cool completely before they are handled so that they don’t crumble. So while they are cooling you can make the frosting.
- For the frosting combine cream cheese, butter, sweetener, and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled, apply about 1 tablespoon of frosting and top with another cookie.
- Once all cookies are put together, sift a light dusting of powdered sweetener to the tops. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving: 235 Calories, 20.9 g Fat, 7.2 g Protein, 6.7 g Carbs,
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition