Low-Carb Cinnamon Stars: ZimtsterneDec 15, 2020
A low-carb twist on traditional German Christmas Cookies! Zimtsterne – Cinnamon Star Cookies. They're a cross between a meringue and a macaroon, with a hint of nuttiness. These German Christmas Cookies are melt in your mouth delicious!
Recipe By: MetFlex Tribe Member, Kristin Andel
Makes 20 Cookies
For the cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup powder sweetener (such as BochaSweet, Lakanto, or Swerve)
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
For the glaze:
Tip: If you only have the granular version of the sweetener, you can turn it into a powdered consistency by simply grinding it in a coffee or spice grinder.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Add confectioners sweetener and mix until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon and coffee and mix until combined.
- Knead the mixture into a large dough ball and place between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll it out about ¼ inch thick with a rolling pin or large glass.
- Place in the freezer to chill for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and cut out the stars. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly sprayed (I used coconut oil spray)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While cookies cool, prepare the glaze by whisking together the sweetener and water.
- Let cookies cool and then spread on the glaze. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving: 87 Calories, 7g Fat, 3g Protein, 3g Carbs, 1.4g Fiber, 1.6g Net Carbs
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes soups & salads tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition