Episode 51: Mold: The Effects In Your Home, Your Health And Your Muscles with Dr. Jill CristaSep 08, 2020
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Dr. Jill Crista is a naturopathic doctor, best-selling author, and internationally recognized educator on mold illness. She helps people recover their health after exposure to toxic mold.
Dr. Crista is the author of Break The Mold: 5 Tools To Conquer Mold and Take Back Your Health. She also provides online training for medical practitioners to help them become Mold-Literate; to efficiently and effectively identify and treat their mold-sick patients.
In this episode, we talk about the effects of mold on the body, what to look out for if you think you have a mold issue in your environment, how to rid mold without a prescription, and much more!
- The mycotoxins in mold act as weapons against protein synthesis which could be hindering your muscle building potential
- Common foods you should store in your fridge and freezer instead of your pantry
- Top herbal remedies to use to protect your body from mold exposure
- Five general methods to use to repair your body from mold exposure
- [0:00] Welcome back to Metflex and Chill-Rachel introduces Dr. Jill Crista to the listeners
- [0:30] Dr. Crista gives her background in the natural medicine field and being a naturopathic doctor
- [4:00] What is mold? How does mold manifest? What are some signs and symptoms that you’ve been exposed to mold?
- [7:00] Is mold visible to the eye? Where to look for mold in your home!
- [8:00] Dr. Crista’s comparison to mold symptoms and alcohol: “breathe moldy air.. get drunk.”
- [11:00] The relationship between mold and allergies and how the relationship between the two can manifest
- [14:00] Developing onset allergies and how it could be related to mold
- [16:30] Mold and Protein Synthesis: The reason why you might not be seeing results in the gym
- [20:00] Ways to test for mold in your home
- [20:30] Dr. Crista’s mold questionnaire: https://moldquiz.com
- [22:00] One way to test is called a urinary mycotoxin test
- [24:30] Tips on what to do if you’ve been exposed to mold
- [25:00] The first step: avoidance!
- [29:30] Common foods you should store in the fridge/freezer… not in the pantry!
- [31:00] Dr. Crista’s general methods for repairing your body from mold. First, avoidance. Second, fundamentals. Third, protecting your body from more mycotoxins. Fourth, repair. Fifth, fight the mold!
- [34:30] The Ketogenic Diet could help treat symptoms of mold toxins in your body
- [37:00] Milk Thistle: a mold remedy!
- [41:30] Time frames for avoiding a moldy living or work space
- [44:30] How mold impacts protein synthesis
- [48:30] Dr. Crista’s book is called Break the Mold: Five tools to conquer mold and take back your health. You can visit her website https://drcrista.com for tools and blogs or find her on Instragram @drjillcrista and Facebook @drjillcrista
- [49:00] If you’re a practitioner and may be interested in learning about mold in your practice check out this course called: Are you missing mold?
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition