Episode 151: Metabolic Flexibility: What Is It, How It Works, and Why it MattersFeb 04, 2022
In this episode, Rachel dives into all things MetFlex! She explains what metabolic flexibility is, the benefits of being metabolically flexible, the importance of being metabolically flexible if there are any negatives to metflex, and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/apply
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
“Metabolic flexibility is simply your ability to adapt to whatever fuel source is available.” -Rachel Gregory
- What is metabolic flexibility?
- Why is metabolic flexibility important?
- How do you know if you're metabolically flexible?
- How do you measure metabolic flexibility?
- What are the benefits of metabolic flexibility?
- What are the negatives of metabolic flexibility?
- How do you achieve metabolic flexibility?
- Telltale signs you are metabolically flexible
- Objective and subjective ways to measure just how metabolically flexible you are
- Short and long term benefits of metabolic flexibility
- Benefits to using different fasting protocols to help achieve metabolic flexibility
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today’s episode is a solo episode surrounding the topic of Metabolic Flexibility aka MetFlex!
- [1:00] If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review! :)
- [2:00] Another great way to help grow MetFlex and Chill is to share a screenshot of an episode you enjoyed or found value in, add it to your story, and tag @rachelgregory.cns for a reshare
- [3:00] Question: What is metabolic flexibility?
- [3:00] “Metabolic flexibility is simply your ability to adapt to whatever fuel source is available.” -Rachel Gregory
- [4:00] Question: Why is metabolic flexibility important?
- [7:00] Benefits of metabolic flexibility
- [7:30] Question: How do you know if you're metabolically flexible?
- [12:30] Question: How do I measure metabolic flexibility?
- [13:00] Episode 35: The Power of Monitoring Glucose Levels with Kara Collier
- [15:00] How to measure your blood ketone levels
- [18:00] Subjective metrics of how to measure metabolic flexibility
- [22:30] Question: What are the benefits of metabolic flexibility?
- [22:30] “The first benefit of metabolic flexibility is in the name- more flexibility!”-Rachel Gregory
- [27:30] Question: What are the negatives of metabolic flexibility?
- [28:00] Question: How do I achieve metabolic flexibility?
- [40:30] Thanks for listening to another episode! If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review! :)
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- To view the entire MetFlex Library on YouTube check it out HERE!
- Episode 35: The Power of Monitoring Glucose Levels with Kara Collier
- How to measure your blood ketone level
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes soups & salads tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition