Episode 161: How To Take Back Control of Your Blood Sugar with Danielle HamiltonApr 15, 2022
To watch this episode and other past episodes, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Don’t forget to join Rachel’s weekly newsletter, The Friday Flex here: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
If you’re interested in a CGM check out Nutrisense.io and use code RACHEL25 at checkout for $25 off
Danielle Hamilton is a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner & Restorative Wellness Practitioner who specializes in blood sugar regulation & digestion. She became interested in blood sugar issues when she learned that Insulin Resistance was at the root of her PCOS. She was able to reverse her PCOS, cystic acne, PMS & weight loss resistance by reversing Insulin Resistance. Her mission is to help others uncover their blood sugar & insulin issues (as most people don't know the early signs), as well as help them optimize digestion for low-carb diets. Dani promotes a holistic approach to reversing Insulin Resistance which goes beyond just changing macros. She is the host of the Unlock the Sugar Shackles Podcast and the creator of the Blood Sugar Mastery Program.
In this episode, we chat about early signs of blood sugar dysregulation, how to manage PCOS without medication, blood sugar testing, dietary and lifestyle strategies that are a must to implement daily, how much fruit is enough, and more!
- Danielle gives a thorough explanation of how blood sugar impacts overall health
- How to manage PCOS without medications
- The #1 cause of infertility in women
- Four strategies to implement into your day to manage blood sugar
- Low-carb fruits and berries - clearing up the confusion
- [0:00] Introduction to the episode trailer
- [0:25] Rachel gives a brief intro of guest Danielle Hamilton @daniellehamiltonhealth
- [1:21] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel welcomes guest Danielle Hamilton to the listeners
- [2:22] Question: For those who aren't familiar, can you give us an intro to who you are, and how you got into the fitness/nutrition industry?
- [4:39] The Paleo Diet Solution by Robb Wolf
- [6:38] Danielle speaks about her experience living with PCOS
- [7:58] The Fasting Method Podcast
- [8:04] “PCOS is the diabetes of the ovaries” Megan Ramos
- [9:57] “When someone is in a state of insulin resistance, another way of putting it is a state of carbohydrate intolerance.” Danielle Hamilton
- [11:26] Foods & Workouts for Metabolic Flexibility with Rachel Gregory | Episode 84
- [11:37] Question: Can you give the listeners an overview of how regulating blood sugar, in general, affects your overall health?
- [23:16] Nutrisense.io and use code RACHEL25 at checkout for $25 off
- [23:24] Episode 35: The Power of Monitoring Glucose Levels with Kara Collier
- [28:40] Question: What are some strategies to help manage blood sugar?
- [31:27] Benefits of apple cider vinegar
- [37:50] Question: Can you speak about other factors aside from carbohydrates that can independently spike your blood sugar?
- [41:01] What is reactive hypoglycemia?
- [43:38] What is gluconeogenesis?
- [44:52] Question: How do we regulate the amount of fruit we should be consuming?
- [48:30] Low-carb fruits and berries – the best and the worst
- [50:14] “If you're eating a food that you're quite sensitive to, that's going to cause your body to go into a sympathetic state. So if you do have that sympathetic activation, I feel like that could also potentially contribute to a bigger spike just because your body is stressed.” Danielle Hamilton
- [52:10] Question: Can we talk about resistant starch and how that may impact blood sugar?
- [54:16] Good Idea Drink
- [54:51] Question: Can we chat about glucose disposal agents?
- [55:27] Berberine benefits
- [59:54] Question: Is there anything you’ve changed your mind about in the past year, and why?
- [1:04:24] Listeners can find Danielle Hamilton at her website https://daniellehamiltonhealth.com/, and on Instagram @daniellehamiltonhealth
- [1:04:47] Blood Sugar Mastery Program
- [1:05:22] Thanks for listening to another episode! If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review! How to Leave an Apple Podcast Review: First, Open the podcast app on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. Then, hit the “Search” tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the page and search for MetFlex and Chill. Select the podcast, scroll down to find the subheading “Ratings & Reviews”. and select “Write a Review.” Next, select the number of stars you’d like to leave. Please choose 5 stars! Using the text box which says “Title,” write a title for your review. Then in the text box, write the review itself. The review can be up to 300 words long, but doesn’t need to be much more than: “Love the show! Thanks!” or “Rachel provides wonderful content from a multitude of expert guests!” Once you’re done select “Send” in the upper right-hand corner.
Resources Related to Today’s Topics:
- Episode 132: Exploring Top Supplements for Sleep, Stress, Exercise, and Immune Health with Shawn Wells
- Episode 33: Top 5 Supplements Everyone Should Consider with Shawn Wells
- Episode 12: Pre-Workout Nutrition, Testing for Low Stomach Acid, and the Truth About Spiked Seltzer
Rachel Gregory is a Board-Certified Nutritionist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Podcaster, and founder of MetFlex Life. She is also the author of the international best-selling book, "21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge."
Rachel received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami. Rachel completed the first-ever human clinical trial looking at the effects of the Ketogenic Diet in non-elite CrossFit athletes, which is published in the International Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine.
Currently, in her day-to-day coaching business, Rachel guides her clients to becoming the best, most confident version of themselves. She has a passion for educating those dedicated to optimizing their physical and mental well-being while improving long-term health and fitness goals. Her most popular course, Keto for Women, has helped women all across the world learn how to ditch the restrictive, all-or-nothing mindset associated with keto and instead thrive through the power of metabolic flexibility.
You can connect and learn more about Rachel's work by visiting her website www.metflexlife.com
- Youtube: @rachelgregory
- Instagram: @rachelgregory.cns
- TikTok: @rachelgregory.cns
- Facebook: @metflexlife
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition