Episode 145: Hormonal Imbalance: Root Causes with Dr. Halie SchoffDec 24, 2021
To watch this episode and other past episodes, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Dr. Halie Schoff is a licensed and practicing Chiropractor, Integrative Health Practitioner, and Podcaster with a Master's in Applied Clinical Nutrition. She is a former collegiate athlete who has a passion for teaching people how to bridge the gap between fitness and holistic health. With a focus on women's hormones and gut health, Dr. Halie has helped hundreds of people all over the world regain their health through lifestyle, optimal diet, movement, and functional practices. Dr. Halie is incredibly outspoken about informed consent around birth control and aims to help those that she works with understand the root cause of their hormone imbalances. Her main goal is to help you be the alpha of your health by understanding what being optimally healthy means for YOU.
In this episode, Dr. Halie Schoff and I chat about the most common root causes of hormonal imbalances, how to support your hormones if you are using a contraceptive or getting off of one, the importance of adequate fat intake to produce progesterone, how to understand what’s happening during your cycle, and more!
“I see our female cycle as a vital sign. It's just like our blood pressure. It's just like our heart rate. It's just like our body weight in terms of…how is our health?” Dr. Halie Schoff
- Most common root causes of hormonal imbalances
- Types of nutrient-dense foods to focus on when getting off birth control
- Risks and benefits to hormonal and non-hormonal birth control methods
- How to promote and support the production of progesterone
- Reasons environmental stressors can wreak havoc on your hormones
- [0:00] Intro to episode trailer
- [0:30] Rachel gives a brief bio of guest Dr. Halie Schoff
- [1:30] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel welcomes guest Dr. Halie Schoff @drhalieschoff
- [3:00] Dr. Halie gives a brief background of her journey as a collegiate athlete as well as being in the fitness and holistic health space
- [10:30] Question: What are the risks and benefits of using birth control?
- [14:30] Question: What are some main focal points for someone to pay attention to when coming off of birth control?
- [19:30] Question: What would you recommend if someone wanted to switch methods but not completely come off birth control?
- [22:00] “I see our female cycle as just a vital sign. It's just like our blood pressure. It's just like our heart rate. It's just like our body weight in terms of, how is our health?” Dr. Halie Schoff
- [25:30] Question: Can you explain what is the female cycle and what is happening during that time so women can better prepare and support themselves for it?
- [32:00] Foods to support progesterone production
- [35:00] Question: Can you explain some of the root causes of hormonal imbalances?
- [42:30] Question: Can you speak to stressors of overtraining and how that can potentially hinder you from achieving your goals?
- [49:00] Question: Is there anything you’ve changed your mind about in the past year, and why?
- [51:00] Listeners can check out more from Dr. Hailie Schoff at her website www.drhalieschoff.com, and on Instagram @drhalieschoff and @alpha.chiro.health.wellness and her podcast Alpha Health and Wellness Radio
- [53:00] Thanks for listening to another episode! If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review! How to Leave an Apple Podcast Review: First, Open the podcast app on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. Then, hit the “Search” tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the page and search for MetFlex and Chill. Select the podcast, scroll down to find the subheading “Ratings & Reviews”. and select “Write a Review.” Next, select the number of stars you’d like to leave. Please choose 5 stars! Using the text box which says “Title,” write a title for your review. Then in the text box, write the review itself. The review can be up to 300 words long, but doesn’t need to be much more than: “Love the show! Thanks!” or “Rachel provides wonderful content from a multitude of expert guests!” Once you’re done select “Send” in the upper right-hand corner
You can connect and learn more about Rachel's work by visiting her website www.metflexlife.com
Rachel Gregory is a Board-Certified Nutritionist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Podcaster, and founder of MetFlex Life. She is also the author of the international best-selling book, "21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge."
Rachel received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami. Rachel completed the first-ever human clinical trial looking at the effects of the Ketogenic Diet in non-elite CrossFit athletes, which is published in the International Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine.
Currently, in her day-to-day coaching business, Rachel guides her clients to becoming the best, most confident version of themselves. She has a passion for educating those dedicated to optimizing their physical and mental well-being while improving long-term health and fitness goals. Her most popular course, Keto for Women, has helped women all across the world learn how to ditch the restrictive, all-or-nothing mindset associated with keto and instead thrive through the power of metabolic flexibility.
- Youtube: @rachelgregory
- Instagram: @rachelgregory.cns
- TikTok: @rachelgregory.cns
- Facebook: @metflexlife
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition