Episode 159: Q&A: Carb Cycling Benefits, Online Coaching Tips, and Vegetarian KetoApr 01, 2022
In this episode, Rachel chats about the benefits of cyclical keto and carb cycling, how to correct form for online clients, why protein is ultimately the most crucial macronutrient no matter what diet protocol is followed, and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/apply
Check out Rachel’s second podcast MINIFLEX on your preferred podcast platform
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
“The more metabolically flexible you are, the easier it is for you to consume carbs and use those for fuel and also to be able to use fat and ketones for fuel. Metabolic flexibility is your ability to efficiently shift back and forth between these different fuel sources when they're warranted.” Rachel Gregory
- From @keto_island: When it comes to using carbs in cyclical keto (ex. Increasing to 100 carbs on workout days, 20 carbs on rest days) vs once or twice per week as we did in the Keto For Women program...what's the difference/advantage of one over the other?
- From @tuscaloosagirl: As an online coach, how do you help your client find the correct form to do exercises?
- From @jen.therapy: Can you be vegetarian keto?
- Tips and tricks on how to implement a cyclical keto approach
- Rachel’s recommendations on correcting form as an online coach
- Reasons protein is crucial no matter what diet you are adhering to
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill with host Rachel Gregory! Today’s episode is a solo Q&A!
- [0:16] Exciting news! Rachel’s second podcast MINIFLEX has launched!
- [1:30] Any questions for Rachel please reach out on her website www.metflexlife.com/contact or on social media @rachelgregory.cns
- [2:03] Question: When it comes to using carbs in cyclical keto (ex. Increasing to 100 carbs on workout days, 20 carbs on rest days) vs once or twice per week as we did in the Keto For Women program...what's the difference/advantage of one over the other?
- [2:30] Check out Rachel's programs at www.metflexlife.com/pograms
- [2:32] To check out Keto For Women go to https://www.metflexlife.com/keto-for-women
- [6:20] “The more metabolically flexible you are, the easier it is for you to consume carbs and use those for fuel and also to be able to use fat and ketones for fuel. Metabolic flexibility is your ability to efficiently shift back and forth between these different fuel sources when they're warranted.” Rachel Gregory
- [13:24] Question: As an online coach, how do you help your client find the correct form to do exercises?
- [17:40] For one-on-one coaching with Rachel check out www.metflexlife.com/apply
- [18:01] Question: Can you be vegetarian keto?
- [19:50] https://1stphorm.com/Metflex
- [20:37] Vegan Protein Powder
- [21:07] What is leucine?
- [21:16] Essential Amino Acids
- [22:30] www.metflexlife.com/keto-kickstart-plus
- [24:30] Check out MINIFLEX here! If you enjoy the new show please share the love and leave a rating and review!
Resources Related to Today’s Topics:
- The Ultimate Protein Cheat Sheet
- Vegan Protein Powder
- Episode 111: How To Optimize Protein Intake & Distribution Across Your Day To Maximize Gains
- Episode 43: All Things PROTEIN with Shawn Wells
Rachel received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami. Rachel completed the first-ever human clinical trial looking at the effects of the Ketogenic Diet in non-elite CrossFit athletes, which is published in the International Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine.
Currently, in her day-to-day coaching business, Rachel guides her clients to becoming the best, most confident version of themselves. She has a passion for educating those dedicated to optimizing their physical and mental well-being while improving long-term health and fitness goals. Her most popular course, Keto for Women, has helped women all across the world learn how to ditch the restrictive, all-or-nothing mindset associated with keto and instead thrive through the power of metabolic flexibility.
You can connect and learn more about Rachel's work by visiting her website www.metflexlife.com
- Youtube: @rachelgregory
- Instagram: @rachelgregory.cns
- TikTok: @rachelgregory.cns
- Facebook: @metflexlife
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition